Job openings at our company.
Welcome to our Careers page!
Kairos Research is a young and dynamic company based in Dayton, OH, conducting cutting-edge research at the intersection of human and artificial intelligence. We are especially proud of our culture here at Kairos, where we place a strong emphasis on fostering a mutually supportive, friendly, and collaborative work environment. Creativity and passion for research are the lifeblood of our organization and animate everything we do.
For all positions, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to performance-based incentive programs.
Interested candidates should email their CV/resume to [email protected].
Current openings are listed below.
We have an opening for a full-time Cognitive Data Scientist to help execute and grow our expanding portfolio of government-sponsored research in the human sciences. The Cognitive Data Scientist will play a major role in supporting our human performance data modeling and data analytics efforts with the Air Force Research Laboratory, as well as other projects that involve extracting insights from a wide variety of physiological and cognitive datasets (ranging from wearable sensors data to cognitive and behavioral performance data).
The ideal candidate is a highly creative, self-motivated individual who possesses a deep understanding of leading-edge techniques in data science, statistical modeling, and/or machine learning. The candidate should also possess a strong publication record and a willingness and ability to seek independent research funding. Additionally, because Kairos is a small company with a highly collaborative work culture, we especially seek candidates who are outgoing and enjoy interacting with their colleagues and with our government sponsors.
Other recent Kairos projects span topics such as explainable AI, trust in automation, human-robot interaction, the cognitive science of intelligence analysis, and the identification and tracking of influence narratives on social media. In addition to the Air Force, our current and past sponsors include organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, the Office of Naval Research, the Army SBIR Program, the National Institutes of Health, and Special Operations Command. [Note that prior experience working on projects funded by the Department of Defense (DoD) and/or related to national security is a strong plus but is not required for this position.]
NOTE: This is a great opportunity for an academic research scientist who is seeking a career change but who wants to continue pursuing original research!
JOB LOCATION: Dayton, OH.
1) US citizenship or green card.
2) PhD in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Psychology, Neuroscience, Social-Behavioral Sciences, Human Factors, or related discipline (the specific field of study is less important than the candidate’s experience and skills).
3) Experience with advanced regression techniques, including hierarchical models, nonlinear models, multivariate (i.e., multiple outcomes) models, mixture models, and ensemble models—all in the context of a variety of outcome types (e.g., binary choices, Likert ratings, response times, etc.).
4) 3+ years research experience (includes postdoctoral research).
5) Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
6) A highly collaborative mindset.
1) Familiarity and experience with methods for analyzing noisy, high-dimensional data, including various dimensionality reduction methods (PCA, t-SNE, etc.).
2) Familiarity with contemporary machine learning techniques, including deep neural networks, especially as applied to natural language processing.
3) Experience leading and/or contributing substantially to successful research proposals (need not be defense-related; could include NSF, NIH, etc.).